Over the past two months, several bored-at-home friends have asked me for book recommendations. I’ve had such fun hearing what books they’ve liked recently and getting to suggest others.
So, as we move toward summer and it’s still best for everyone to only go out if absolutely necessary (and only while wearing a mask and staying at least 6 feet from each other), here are some books I’ve recommended to others that you might like too.
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
- Furyborn by Claire LeGrand
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jeminsin
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo*
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins
- Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn*
- The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren
- The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp
- The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey
- The Woman on the Orient Express by Lindsay Jayne Ashford
And here’s what’s next on my TBR:
*These books are currently being adapted, along with their entire series, by Netflix, and I couldn’t be more excited. I mean, Julie Andrews is in “Bridgerton“. And the worldbuilding for “Shadow and Bone” was always leaping off the page. Season 1 of both has finished filming, thank goodness, so we may well get them both before the year is out.